WE CANNOT SPONSOR OR TRANSFER VISAS AT THIS TIME
We are looking for an exceptional Staff Software Engineer and to play a key role in growing the engineering team and driving the architectural strategy. The company is a leader in the eCommerce industry and you will have the opportunity to work with innovative technologies and build tools that will impact thousands of customers. However, we’re still small with that startup feel within engineering. We are focused on building software that brings additional value to the company by delivering high quality, incremental solutions regularly. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecture and building tools to provide a world-class user experience, make it highly scalable, and extremely reliable. We expect senior people to be polyglots, unafraid of jumping on hard problems, doing the dirty work, making sense of them, and helping craft the solution, not just the implementation. We’re looking for sharp, logical thinkers that can easily adapt to our mix of technologies while elevating the team around them.
- The Company is the fastest growing online product company in the country that designs and develops high-quality, eco-friendly luxury products at a fraction of retail prices. We’re committed to delivering the most comfortable, durable, and affordable products without the drama or expense associated with retailers.
- The Company was named the fastest growing Consumer Brand Manufacturer by Internet Retailer’s Top 500 Guide (2016), Ranked 5th fastest growing e-tailer in the United States overall (2016), and #68 in Forbes’ 100 “America’s Most Promising Companies” (2015)
As a Staff Engineer you will:
- Architect, prototype, and develop high-performance eCommerce, marketing, & back office platforms
- Discover and implement new performance optimizations
- Maintain and expand upon our data pipeline
- Develop deep experience with and contribute to multiple technologies and product lines across a company
- Be passionate about our users and the quality of our software
- Think ahead for strategic planning and execution
- Mentor and guide other team members
- Participate in scrum estimations, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives
What you need to bring to the table:
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Consistent track record of leading successful delivery of multiple large-scale and mission-critical projects.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Large systems design and development experience with an OO language. We run a modified LAMP stack, but employ Engineers with a variety of technical backgrounds
- Strong background in process design for reliable systems; strong “big picture” awareness of systems
- Good generalist experience, with ability and willingness to read and write into all layers of a software stack
- Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Experience with AWS architecture
- Deep hands-on coding experience
- Experience in a CI/CD environment
- Excellent at cross-functional communication (engineering, product, design, marketing, etc)
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams.
- College degree in a technical field (CS, Engineering, Math, etc)